Boots Opticians, Retail Assistant
Permanent, Full-time Retail Assistant
About the opportunity
A vital role in providing our customers and patients the very best experience at Boots Opticians throughout the customer journey. You don’t need optical experience to join us as a Retail Assistant but ideally you will have worked in a retail or a customer facing environment. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that puts the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Full training will be provided on all aspects of the role and key responsibilities include:
- Building great rapport with customers by listening and understanding their needs.
- Helping our customers find the perfect products tailored to their lifestyle and requirements.
- Ordering and dispensing of glasses and contact lenses.
- Providing aftersales support through adjustments.
- Working together as part of a team.
- Administrative tasks associated with the store in which full training will be provided.
You love working with people and enjoy working as part of a team.
You are able to build rapport with customers, welcoming them into our store with a big smile. You will strive to deliver the best customer experience possible. If you are currently a customer advisor, sales assistant, or passionate about providing great service we would love to hear from you.
You are a keen listener and will be able to articulate our offers and promotions and help our customers find their perfect eye wear needs
You have a can do, positive attitude and are passionate and enthusiastic about delivering fantastic customer service
You have an appetite for learning, and would enjoy learning about new products and brands, as well as the technical and regulatory aspects.
- Competitive salary plus discretionary bonus scheme
- Competitive pension scheme
- One of the best staff discounts in the UK
- 22 days holiday plus bank holidays with opportunity to purchase more
- Additional flexible benefits that allows you to create a package that best suits your individual needs including cycle to work vouchers, discounted gym membership, cinema and restaurant discounts, and much more.
- Excellent opportunities to develop with career opportunities across Boots Opticians including franchise, Retail and Pharmacy.
Boots Opticians is one of the leading optical chains in the UK. We’re all about enriching the lives of every person who walks through our door; including yours. Bring your skills to a business that offers genuine career progression thanks to sheer diversity of stores and roles – and expect to be supported and developed from day one.
Thank you for taking the time to visit our careers page and read about this exciting opportunity. If you choose to apply, your application will be reviewed by our team and we will contact you as soon as we can. If successful, we will contact you to arrange an interview with the hiring manager.
If you are successful at interview, please be aware that all contract documentation will refer to this role as Optical Consultant Foundation.
Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion commitment
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We offer a variety of flexible working patterns to support our colleagues to achieve a sustainable work life balance so please talk to us about the flexibility you’d be looking for in this role. This role is subject to a DBS/PVG check, Boots is a Ban the Box employer and will consider the suitability of applicants with criminal convictions on a case-by-case basis. You will have the opportunity to discuss the matter with us before we make a decision.